Thursday 12 January 2012

We had the whole thing planned.  We knew what we were going to say.  They never gave us the chance.  The conversation went something like this...

          Mom:  "Martin and I have some family issues we'd like to talk about."

          Kylie:  "Is it about the wedding?"

          Emma:  "Are you pregnant?  Are you pregnant?"  Jumps up and down excitedly.

So much for easing them into it.  They are very excited, especially Emma, my youngest,  She's picking out names, and we've downloaded a couple of baby name apps to Kylie's tablet.  Kylie is calculating how much she can earn babysitting.

I gave the girls a book called A Child is Born which shows the development of a baby from fertilization to birth through stunning photography inside the womb.  The pictures really are incredible.  I thought the kids would enjoy seeing what their baby brother or sister looks like and is doing at each stage.


I also got a book for myself, The Pregnancy Bible.  It's been a long time  since I've had a baby and I felt like I needed a refresher course.



I'm glad I told the kids.  It's great to be able to share the good news with the people I love best.  I love that they are so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment