Friday 13 January 2012

The House of Sick

A couple of weeks ago I came down with a sore throat that lasted a few days but nothing else came of it. No sniffles, no cough. Afterward I was left with a very slightly altered sense of taste, like when you have a cold sometimes, but I felt fine. I thought perhaps it was from the pregnancy. Then a couple of days ago I got hit with a full fledged cold. I wonder if this has been contributing to my tiredness. I hate being sick. Dealing with morning sickness is bad enough.

And to make matters worse the kids are sick, too. Emma's getting over hers, but I had to bring Kylie to the doctor. Poor thing has a chest infection. Martin, has fared the best. He seems fine, probably because he's away from us sick people for ten hours a day while he's at work.

I'm supposed to go to a bridal show tomorrow but I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm really leaning towards eloping anyhow, or doing something very low key. I'd rather spend my money on some house renovations and a honeymoon.

And speaking of honeymoons... Martin and I were thinking of having a May wedding, since I am pregnant now, versus having the fall wedding when we'd have a newborn. I wonder how much this wil limit us from honeymooning in certain places. I'll be six months pregnant by then. And how safe is it to fly when you're pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment