Monday 6 February 2012

11 Weeks


I am anxiously awaiting my first ultrasound on Wednesday. I get more nervous by the day. I wish I could bring the girls with us when Martin and I go but I don't want to bring them if there's a possibility something could be wrong.

The belly that I grew last week has, well, sort of shrunk back a bit and I fit into my pants again. I must have been really bloated. I feel jipped. I want a cute baby bump! I can, however, feel the top of my uterus above the pubic bone now, so things are definitely growing. Still haven't gained weight though. I remain at my 4 pound loss. But I'm not complaining. I figure, even if, from here on out I gain a whole pound per week, I'll only put on 29 pounds. With my olldest I gained 25, and with my youngest, about 27, and both times left the hospital with all of it gone, except a pound or two. I'm hoping this pregnancy follows the trend.

This past week I've been more tired than usual and had to go to bed early because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Otherwise I feel like my body is returning to a state of feeling good. There have been longer periods of feeling good between the bouts of morning sickness. I'm looking forward to the second trimester where all of that will hopefully fade away. With my girls pregnancies I felt great during the second trimester. Well it's just two days off. Not far now.

This past week has also marked the one year anniversary of the horrible miscarriage I had last year. It was made worse by the fact that I am only a week difference in how far along I am in the pregnancy. But that's over and I'm trying not to think about it or worry so much.

Two long days days to go until the ultrasound. I hate waiting.

I really, really hate waiting. How am I going to get through another 29 weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment